Fix Sriracha-Honey Chicken Skewers

Recently, Fix Hot Sauce reached out to me to offer a free bottle of their sriracha in exchange for a review on Instagram. I gladly obliged—I’m never one to turn down free food/condiments, and I am a HUGE hot sauce fan. I actually have never been a fan of sriracha, but I was hoping Fix might change that.

It did.

Fix is sweet and almost tangy, with a mighty swift kick. I’ve eaten it almost daily since receiving my bottle; it’s SO good on my egg casserole (for which you can find the quick & easy recipe on Instagram). After confirming that I absolutely love the stuff, I decided to try using it to make a little marinade/sauce to switch up from my typically bland Monday night chicken dinner—and instead opt for a quick and easy Asian-style meal.

Sriracha-Honey Chicken Skewers by Food is my Frenemy

Honey-Sriracha Chicken Skewers

Time: About 30 minutes (not including marinating time)

Yield: 1-2 servings

You Will Need…

  • Small bowl
  • Ziplock bag
  • Large frying pan
  • Tongs
  • Bamboo skewers (optional)

Ingredients

  • 20 grams (about 4 teaspoons) Fix Hot Sauce
  • 10 grams (about half a tablespoon) clover honey
  • 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
  • 8 ounces chicken breast tenderloins, trimmed of excess fat
  • Dash of pepper, chili powder, or seasonings of choice
  • Optional: peanut oil, for cooking chicken

Instructions

  1. First, prepare the marinade, preferably ahead of time. Combine all ingredients (including seasonings) in a small bowl, mixing well.
  2. Place the chicken tenderloins in a Ziplock bag and add about 90% of the marinade—save the remaining 10% in an airtight container. Shake the bag to coat chicken, and place in fridge until ready to cook. Ideal marinating time is at least 30 minutes, and up to 8 hours.
  3. Once marinated, heat a large frying pan on medium-low. Grease the pan with olive oil spray, or add a teaspoon or two of peanut oil.
  4. Add the chicken, leaving some space between the tenderloins. Cook for about 4-6 minutes per side, then remove from heat.
  5. Add bamboo skewers to the chicken, plate, and add the remaining sauce on top. Enjoy!

Sriracha-Honey Chicken Skewers by Food is my Frenemy

This easy, speecy-spicy chicken pairs nicely with jasmine rice & asian vegetables! 

Nutrition Facts

Honey-Sriracha Chicken Nutrition

Don’t forget to Pin any recipes you like, and if you try them out, hashtag #FoodIsMyFrenemy on Instagram!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s