Recently, Fix Hot Sauce reached out to me to offer a free bottle of their sriracha in exchange for a review on Instagram. I gladly obliged—I’m never one to turn down free food/condiments, and I am a HUGE hot sauce fan. I actually have never been a fan of sriracha, but I was hoping Fix might change that.
Fix is sweet and almost tangy, with a mighty swift kick. I’ve eaten it almost daily since receiving my bottle; it’s SO good on my egg casserole (for which you can find the quick & easy recipe on Instagram). After confirming that I absolutely love the stuff, I decided to try using it to make a little marinade/sauce to switch up from my typically bland Monday night chicken dinner—and instead opt for a quick and easy Asian-style meal.
Honey-Sriracha Chicken Skewers
Time: About 30 minutes (not including marinating time)
Yield: 1-2 servings
You Will Need…
- Small bowl
- Ziplock bag
- Large frying pan
- Bamboo skewers (optional)
- 20 grams (about 4 teaspoons) Fix Hot Sauce
- 10 grams (about half a tablespoon) clover honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 8 ounces chicken breast tenderloins, trimmed of excess fat
- Dash of pepper, chili powder, or seasonings of choice
- Optional: peanut oil, for cooking chicken
- First, prepare the marinade, preferably ahead of time. Combine all ingredients (including seasonings) in a small bowl, mixing well.
- Place the chicken tenderloins in a Ziplock bag and add about 90% of the marinade—save the remaining 10% in an airtight container. Shake the bag to coat chicken, and place in fridge until ready to cook. Ideal marinating time is at least 30 minutes, and up to 8 hours.
- Once marinated, heat a large frying pan on medium-low. Grease the pan with olive oil spray, or add a teaspoon or two of peanut oil.
- Add the chicken, leaving some space between the tenderloins. Cook for about 4-6 minutes per side, then remove from heat.
- Add bamboo skewers to the chicken, plate, and add the remaining sauce on top. Enjoy!
This easy, speecy-spicy chicken pairs nicely with jasmine rice & asian vegetables!